Cato's Distichs de moribus improved [electronic resource] : in a more complete and useful method than any yet extant: containing not only a correct numerical clavis, with a construing and parsing index; but also a literal translation of Erasmus's comment on each distich, ... to which are added, ... the proper quantities marked ... For the use of schools. By J. Roberts, ...
- Uniform Title:
- Catonis disticha. English and Latin
- London : printed for C. Hitch and L. Hawes; and S. Crowder, 1760.
- The fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- vi,114 pages ; 12⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Cato, Marcus Porcius, 234 B.C.-149 B.C. and Roberts, James, 1697 or 1698-
- Related Titles:
- Cato's Distichs de moribus improved
Catonis disticha. English
- The disticha, wrongly attributed to Marcius Porcius Cato, in fact date from imperial times.
Vertical chain lines.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT123429.
View MARC record | catkey: 3233485