Essays on physiognomy [electronic resource] : designed to promote the knowledge and the love of mankind. By John Caspar Lavater, ... Illustrated by more than eight hundred engravings ... Executed by, or under the inspection of, Thomas Holloway. Translated from the French by Henry Hunter, ...
- Lavater, Johann Caspar, 1741-1801
- Uniform Title:
- Physiognomische Fragmente. English
- London : printed for John Murray; H. Hunter; and T. Holloway, 1789-98.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes,plates : illustrations,portraits ; 4⁰.
- Originally written in German.
Vols. 2 and 3, dated 1792 and 1798 respectively, are each in two parts.
With a list of subscribers in vol.1.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT139902.
View MARC record | catkey: 3237667