Strictures on modern languages [electronic resource] : shewing their usefulness to individuals, to nations, and particularly to the fair sex. To which is added, an essay on the present modes of teaching; and also, a plan of an original work, ... clearly pointing out the facility with which the fluency of speech may be acquired. Humbly dedicated to Mrs. Crewe of Crewe-Hall, by J. E. Parisot de St. Marie
- Parisot de Sainte-Marie, J. E.
- Chester : printed by J. Fletcher, 1790.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 64, 2 unnumbered pages ; 8⁰.
- At the foot of p. 64: 'The New practical introduction to grammar this essay was meant to precede, not being in a sufficient state of forwardness when the pamphlet was finished, prevented me from giving a more minute account of it ..'.
'The New practical introduction' was apparently never published.
With a final errata leaf.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Alston, x, 317
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT194337.
View MARC record | catkey: 3241577