The botanic garden [electronic resource] : A poem, in two parts. Part I. Containing the economy of vegetation. Part II. The loves of the plants. With philosophical notes
- Darwin, Erasmus, 1731-1802
- New-York : Printed by T. & J. Swords, printers to the faculty of physic of Columbia College, no. 99 Pearl-Street, 1798.
- The first American edition.
- Physical Description:
- 15 unnumbered pages, viii-xi, 5 unnumbered pages, 256, x, 1 unnumbered page, 12-146 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 17 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations ; 8⁰.
- Attributed to Erasmus Darwin in the Dictionary of national biography., Each part has separate title page. Part I is from the 3d, part II from the 4th London edition. Edited for republication, with a poetic "Epistle to the author of the Botanic garden," by Elihu Hubbard Smith., Plates engraved by Benjamin Tanner., With a half-title., "Errata" and "Instructions to the binder for placing the engravings"--recto of last leaf., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 33600 and English Short Title Catalog, ESTCW30017.
View MARC record | catkey: 3242921