The history of England [electronic resource] : from the Revolution to the death of George the Second. Designed as a continuation of Mr. Hume's History. In six volumes. By T. Smollett, M.D. ...
- Smollett, T. (Tobias), 1721-1771
- London : printed for J. Parsons, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 6 volumes,plates : portraits ; 12⁰.
- Each volume has an additional titlepage, engraved: 'Parson's genuine pocket edition of Smollett's continuation of Hume's History of England, embellished with historical engravings, portraits, &c. .. '.
In this edition the "J." in the imprint is a swash "J." and the part of the title reading "to the death of George the Second" is in two lines as such: "to / the death of George the Second".
The fourth volume has "London" in the imprint in smaller type.
A seventh volume with the same engraved titlepage, is entitled: 'The history of England from the death of George the second to the year 1765. .. vol. VII'.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the History and geography series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT80193.
View MARC record | catkey: 3247200