Mr. Hoyle's games of whist [electronic resource] : quadrille, piquet, chess, and back-gammon. Complete. In which are contained, the method of playing and betting, at those games, ... Including the laws of the several games
- Hoyle, Edmond, 1672-1769
- London : printed for Thomas Osborne; Stanley Crowder, and Richard Baldwin, [1760?]
- The twelfth edition. To which is now first added, two new cases at whist, .. also the new laws of the game at whist, as played at White's and Saunders's Chocolate-houses.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, x, 2 unnumbered pages, 214 pages ; 12⁰.
- "No copies of this book are genuine, but what are signed by Edmond Hoyle and Thomas Osborne".
With a list of errata on the final page, and "back-gammon" in the title.
Horizontal chain lines.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the History and geography series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT88035.
View MARC record | catkey: 3247724