Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis ; Fantasia on Greensleeves ; The lark ascending ; Five variants of Dives and Lazarus / Vaughan Williams
- Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- [London] : Decca, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Greaves, Ralph, 1889-1966
Heath, Kenneth, 1919-1977
Bennett, William, 1936-
Tallis, Thomas, approximately 1505-1585
Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958
Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields
- Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis (15:22) -- Fantasia on Greensleeves (4:33) -- The lark ascending (14:41) -- Five variants of Dives and Lazurus (11:21).
- Related Titles:
- ["00:15:13", "00:04:15", "00:16:04", "00:13:00"]
- Sound Characteristics:
- Medium of Performance:
- string orchestra
violin 1 orchestra
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- The first work, based on Tallis' Why fum'th in fight, for 2 string orchestras; 2nd adapted by Ralph Greaves from Vaughan Williams' opera Sir John in love, for string orchestra, harp and 1 or 2 optional flutes; 3rd a romance for violin and orchestra; 4th for string orchestra and 1 or 2 harps.
Originally released on analog disc in 1972.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced by Michael Bremner.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Iona Brown, Trevor Connah, violins ; Stephen Shingles, viola ; Kenneth Heath, violoncello ; William Bennett, flute ; Skaila Kanga, harp ; Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields ; Neville Marriner, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 1972 Kingsway Hall, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 32488278