Saxophone & piano
- [London] : Universal Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Bensmann, Detlef, 1958-, Rische, Michael, Milhaud, Darius, 1892-1974, Ravel, Maurice, 1875-1937. Selections, Ravel, Maurice, 1875-1937, Matsushita, Isao, 1951-2018, Erdmann, Dietrich, Dessau, Paul, 1894-1979, and Schulhoff, Ervín, 1894-1942
- Scaramouche : for alto saxophone and piano / Darius Milhaud (10:00) -- Five-o'clock foxtrot : from the opera "L'enfant et les sortilèges" : for soprano/alto saxophone and piano (1:42) ; Pièce en forme de habanera : for soprano saxophone and piano (2:51) / Maurice Ravel -- Atoll II : for alto saxophone and piano / Isao Matsushita (10:18) -- Akzente : for tenor saxophone and piano / Dietrich Erdmann (9:00) -- Suite, for alto saxophone and piano / Paul Dessau (8:00) -- Hot-Sonate : for alto saxophone and piano / Erwin Schulhoff (16:00).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- The 1st work originally for 2 pianos, arranged for alto saxophone and piano; the 2nd, an excerpt from an opera arranged for saxophone and piano; the 3rd, originally for voice and piano, arranged for soprano saxophone and piano.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Detleff Bensmann, saxophone ; Michael Rische, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st-3rd and 6th works recorded 1989 April.
4th-5th works recorded 1989 November.
7th work recorded 1988 November.
View MARC record | catkey: 32491352