Adam's lament / Arvo Pärt
- Pärt, Arvo
- München [Germany] : ECM, ℗2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Kaljuste, Tõnu, Pärt, Arvo. Selections, Pärt, Arvo, Latvijas Radio koris, Sinfonietta Rīga, Vox Clamantis (Musical group), Eesti Filharmoonia Kammerkoor, and Tallinna kammerorkester
- Language Note:
- Sung in Russian (1st, 5th, and 8th works), Latin (2nd-4th works), French (6th work), or Estonian (7th work).
- Adam's lament (2009) : for choir and string orchestra (24:09) -- Beatus Petronius (1990/2011) : for two choirs, eight woodwind instruments, tubular bells and string orchestra (5:16) -- Salve Regina (2001/2011) : for choir, celesta and string orchestra (12:15) -- Statuit ei Dominus (1990/2011) : for two choirs, eight woodwind instruments and string orchestra (4:57) -- Alleluia-Tropus (2008/2010) : for choir and string orchestra (2:39) -- L'Abbé Agathon (2004/2008) : for soprano, baritone, female choir and string orchestra (14:04) -- Estonian lullaby (2002/2006) : for female choir and string orchestra (2:08) -- Christmas lullaby (2002/2006) : for female choir and string orchestra (2:27).
- Marshalling orchestral and choral forces under the direction of Tonu Kaljuste, this new Arvo Part album, produced by Manfred Eicher and realized, with the composers participation, is a major event.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Latvian Radio Choir ; Sinfonietta Riga ; Vox Clamantis ; Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir ; Tallinn Chamber Orchestra ; Tönu Kaljuste, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded November 2001 at Niguliste Church in Tallinn (1st-6th works); recorded May 2007 at Niguliste Church and mixed at Rainbow Studio in Oslo (7th and 8th works).
View MARC record | catkey: 32492813