Complete works. Volume 6 / Heinrich Wilhelm Ernst
- Ernst, H. W. (Heinrich Wilhelm), 1814-1865
- London : Toccata Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Lupu, Sherban, Gonzales, Yvonne, Hobson, Ian, 1952-, and Ernst, H. W. (Heinrich Wilhelm), 1814-1865
- Language Note:
- Songs sung in German.
- Études pour le violon à plusieurs parties : sechs mehrstimmige Studien für Violine (33:27) -- Trois valses non dansantes pour le piano-forte (4:31) -- Romanze : an Madam Clara Schumann (1:03) -- Nocturne posthume in A flat major (5:12) -- Two Goethe settings. Lebt Wohl ; Der Fischer (5:27) -- Grand caprice : solo pour violon sur Le roi des aulnes de F. Schubert, op. 26 (4:13).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Medium of Performance:
- soprano voice 1 piano 1 2
violin 1 1
piano 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Among other works, this disc features some of the most difficult music for solo violin: Ernst's Six Polyphonic Studies as well as his Grand Caprice for solo violin, which is based on Schubert's Erlkönig.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Sherban Lupu, violin (1st and 7th works) ; Yvonne Redman, soprano (5th-6th works) ; Ian Hobson, piano (2nd-6th works).
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st and 7th works recorded 2014 April 17-20 and 29 Foellinger Great Hall, Kranert Center for the Performing Arts, Urbana, Illinois.
2nd-4th works recorded 2017 July 8 Foellinger Great Hall, Kranert Center for the Performing Arts, Urbana, Illinois.
5th-6th works recorded 2017 September 27 Foellinger Great Hall, Kranert Center for the Performing Arts, Urbana, Illinois.
View MARC record | catkey: 32493422