Water resources and economic processes / edited by Tiziano Distefano
- Abingdon, OXon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2021.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Distefano, Tiziano
- Routledge studies in ecological economics
- "Water exploitation has increased notably in the world during the last 250 years since the onset of industrialisation. The relationships between economic processes and water use are complex and include many interwoven drivers such as: technological development, dietary choices and food production, climate change, demographic change, and policy reforms, among others. Ensuring food, water, and energy for the growing population remains a common global challenge. Taking on a multi- and inter-disciplinary viewpoint, Water Resources and Economic Processes offers an up-to-date collection of contributions from leading scholars and works to gather research on important aspects of relevant fields and methodologies, including: Historical and long-term overview of the relations between income growth, water use and technological development; Water markets and collaborative actions' promise and threats in the fight against water stress; Impact of climate change on water productivity, including inter- and intra-annual variations; Urban reforms and surveys on the attitude of citizens towards private and public mitigation and preservation measures; Regional, national, and global comparative case-studies; International trade, migration, conflicts, and the globalisation of water; Methodological and empirical challenges of building future scenarios. This book is a key reference text for those studying water governance and management. It is suited to PhD students, national institutions and NGO, as well as other professionals interested in understanding sustainable water use at the local, national, and international scales. Tiziano Distefano is a Post Doc Research Fellow at the University of Pisa, Italy"--
- 9780429025013 electronic book, 0429025017 electronic book, 9780429655937 electronic book, 0429655932 electronic book, 9780429653490 electronic book, 0429653492 electronic book, 9780429658372 electronic book, and 0429658370 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biographical Note:
- Tiziano Distefano is a Research Fellow at the University of Pisa, Italy.
View MARC record | catkey: 32497834