The world displayed [electronic resource] ; or, a curious collection of voyages and travels, selected from the writers of all nations. In which the conjectures and interpolations of several vain editors and translators are expunged, ... Illustrated and embellished with variety of maps and prints ...
- London : printed for J. Newbery, 1759-61.
- Physical Description:
- 20 volumes,plates : maps ; 12⁰.
- Compiled by Christopher Smart, Oliver Goldsmith and Samuel Johnson; introduction by Samuel Johnson (NUC)., Vol. 1 is dated 1759; vols. 2-17, 1760; vols. 18-20, 1761., Vols. 1-3 bear the imprint "Printed for J. Newbery"; vols. 4-20 the imprint: "Printed for J. Newbery; and J. Hoey, jun. Dublin"., Vertical chain lines., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the History and geography series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Roscoe, A640 (1) and English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT113545.
View MARC record | catkey: 3249848