Toxic nursing : managing bullying, bad attitudes, and total turmoil / Cheryl Dellasega
- Dellasega, Cheryl
- Additional Titles:
- Managing bullying, bad attitudes, and total turmoil
- Indianapolis, IN : Sigma Theta Tau International, 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Incivility -- The newbie : mistreatment of new nurses -- The know-it-all/criticism queen -- Gossip and trash talk -- Cliques, campaigns, and high-school drama -- Competition and credit -- Nurse managers as the problem -- Men in white -- Better than you -- Generations at work -- Competent and caring leaders? -- Social media, electronic communication, and professionalism -- Politics and CYA -- Patients as victims -- On the battlefield : nurses under attack -- Toxic culture/environment -- Conclusion -- Is your management style causing conflict? -- Conflict case scenario -- Organizational cynicism self-assessment -- When it's time to seek outside counsel -- Compassion fatigue.
- Nursing has a not-so-secret problem. The profession is prone to--some would say thrives on--workplace conflict, incivility, bullying, and meanness. And while nurses observe and experience this conflict daily, too few have been trained in its resolution. Toxic Nursing aims to change that with strategies, tools, and techniques to help nurse leaders, managers, and administrators defuse conflict, turn around toxic situations, and create positive, healthy work environments. Written by Cheryl Dellasega--author of the groundbreaking books Surviving Ophelia and Mean Girls Grown Up--Toxic Nursing explores the reasons behind toxic behavior and its impact on not just the workplace but patient safety.
- 9781948057615 (electronic bk.)
1948057611 (electronic bk.)
9781948057608 (electronic bk.)
1948057603 (electronic bk.)
9781948057622 (electronic bk.)
194805762X (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 32500004