The general history of Ireland [electronic resource] : Containing I. A full and impartial account of the first inhabitants of that kingdom; ... VI. A relation of the long and bloody wars of the Irish against the Danes, ... Collected by the learned Jeoffry Keating, ... Faithfully translated from the original Irish ... by Dermo'd O Connor, ...
- Keating, Geoffrey, 1570?-1644?
- London : printed by J. Bettenham, for B. Creake, 1723.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, vi, xxiv, 10 unnumbered pages, 563, that is, 559 pages, 3 unnumbered pages, 12 pages, plates : illustrations,portrait,map ; 2⁰.
- Circulated in manuscript during the late seventeenth century as 'Foras feasa ar Éirinn'.
It was translated into English by Dermot O'Connor, and printed for the first time in 1723 under the title, 'A general history of Ireland'.
With a list of subscribers.
The last six leaves contain genealogies.
Large paper issue.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the History and geography series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT122586.
View MARC record | catkey: 3250671