Intention to use a drug reminder app [electronic resource] : a case study of diabetics and high blood pressure patients / P.C. Lai
- Lai, P. C.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd., 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- SAGE Research Methods Cases: Medicine and Health
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case study documents the research method used in the development of a drug reminder application for diabetics and high-blood-pressure patients. The app was developed as a mobile technology solution with the purpose of supporting health professionals in monitoring their patients and to encourage the patients to do self-monitoring. The study is aimed to ascertain the extent of patients' and health professionals' knowledge and understanding of, and intention to use the app. Beginning with a review of existing literature on the potential applications for the drug reminder app, this case study provides details of the research method and instrument development by discussing the research practicalities, the method in action, and practical lessons learned. Also highlighted is the identification of the users' features from testing of the prototype app made available to the users (diabetics and high-blood-pressure patients).
- 9781529744767 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32511195