Molecular biological technologies for ocean sensing [electronic resource] / edited by Sonia M. Tiquia-Arashiro
- New York : Humana Press ; Springer, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 295 p. ; ill. ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Tiquia-Arashiro, Sonia M.
- Springer protocols handbooks, 1949-2448
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Omics"-enabled microbial sensors on ocean platforms / Julie C. Robidart, Irina N. Shilova, and Jonathan P. Zehr -- Development of a capillary waveguide biosensor analytical module for use with the MBARI environmental sample processor / Harbans S. Dhadwal ... [et al.] -- Microfabricated flow-through device for in situ gene analysis / Tatsuhiro Fukuba and Teruo Fujii -- Method for the quantification of aquatic primary production and net ecosystem metabolism using in situ dissolved oxygen sensors / Joseph A. Needoba, Tawnya D. Peterson, and Kenneth S. Johnson -- DNAzyme-based sensing for metal ions in ocean platform / Jung Heon Lee, Zidong Wang, and Yi Lu -- Ultrasensitive visual fluorescence detection of heavy metal ions in water based on DNA-functionalized hydrogels / Juewen Liu, Neeshma Dave, and Po-Jung Jimmy Huang -- Use of peptide nucleic acids in surface plasmon resonance for detection of red tide algae / Amber R. Bratcher and Laurie B. Connell -- Immobilization of fluorescent aptamer biosensors on magnetic microparticles and its potential application for ocean sensing / Po-Jung Jimmy Huang, Imran Khimji, and Juewen Liu -- Functional gene arrays for analysis of microbial communities on ocean platform / Katelyn M. McKindles and Sonia M. Tiquia-Arashiro -- Bioluminescence detection for ATP quantification using microfluidic device / Tatsuhiro Fukuba and Teruo Fujii -- Use of biosensors as alternatives to current regulatory methods for marine biotoxins / Luis M. Botana ... [et al.] -- Electrochemical detection of harmful algae by means of a sandwich hybridization assay on an electrode surface / Jahir Orozco and Linda K. Medlin -- Waterborne pathogen detection using a magnetoresistive immuno-chip / Sofia S.A. Martins ... [et al.]
- 9781617799143 (alk. paper), 1617799149 (alk. paper), and 9781617799150 (eBook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32512267