Neuronal cell death [electronic resource] : methods and protocols / edited by Laura Lossi and Adalberto Merighi, Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Torino, Grugliasco, Torino, Italy
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 396 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lossi, Laura, Merighi, Adalberto, and Springer Science+Business Media
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1254 and Springer protocols
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Neuronal cell death : an overview of its different forms in central and peripheral neurons / Laura Lossi, Claudia Castagna, and Adalberto Merighi -- Cell volume regulation monitored with combined epifluorescence and digital holographic microscopy / Nicolas Pavillon and Pierre Marquet -- Flow cytometric analysis of DNA synthesis and apoptosis in central nervous system using fresh cell nuclei / Noelia López-Sánchez and José M. Frade -- Nuclear signs of pre-neurodegeneration / Fernando C. Baltanás [and four others] -- Multi-parametric O₂ imaging in three-dimensional neural cell models with the phosphorescent probes / Ruslan I. Dimitriev and Dmitri B. Papkovsky -- Calcium imaging in neuron cell death / María Calvo, Carlos Villalobos, and Lucía Núñez -- Monitoring mitochondrial membranes permeability in live neurons and mitochondrial swelling through electron microscopy analysis / Macarena S. Arrázola and Nibaldo C. Inestrosa -- Real-time visualization of caspase-3 activation by fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) / Silvia Alasia [and three others] -- Design and cloning of short hairpin RNAs (shRNAs) into a lentiviral silencing vector to study the function of selected proteins in neuronal apoptosis / Nadia Canu -- Genomic analysis using affymetrix standard microarray GeneChips (169 format) in degenerate murine retina / Sook Hyun Chung , Weiyong Shen , and Mark Gillies -- Genomic analysis of transcriptional changes underlying neuronal apoptosis / Sebastiano Cavallaro -- High-throughput cell death assays / Matthew E. Pamenter and Gabriel G. Haddad -- Staining of dead neurons by the Golgi method in autopsy material / Stavros J. Baloyannis -- Image analysis algorithms for immunohistochemical assessment of cell death / Stan Krajewski [and five others] -- In vitro oxygen-glucose deprivation to study ischemic cell death / Carla I. Tasca, Tharine Dal-Cim, and Helena Cimarosti -- Laser microbeam targeting of single nerve axons in cell culture / Nicholas Hyun, Linda Z. Shi , and Michael W. Berns -- Real-time imaging of retinal cell apoptosis by confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy / Eduardo M. Normando [and five others] -- Targeted toxicants to dopaminergic neuronal cell death / Huajun Jin [and five others] -- Stem cells, neural progenitors, and engineered stem cells / Raj R. Rao and Shilpa Iyer -- Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1)-derived recombinant vectors for gene transfer and gene therapy / Peggy Marconi , Cornel Fraefel, and Alberto L. Epstein -- Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1)-derived amplicon vectors for gene transfer and gene therapy / Cornel Fraefel, Peggy Marconi, and Alberto L. Epstein -- Bone marrow transplantation for research and regenerative therapies in the central nervous system / David Díaz, José Ramón Alonso, and Eduardo Weruaga -- Detection of activated caspase-8 in injured spinal axons by using fluorochrome-labeled inhibitors of caspases (FLICA) / Antón Barreiro-Iglesias and Michael I. Shifman -- Generation of Zebrafish models by CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing / Alexander Hruscha and Bettina Schmid -- In vivo assessment of neuronal cell death in Drosophila / Pierre Dourlen -- Drosophila model for studying phagocytosis following neuronal cell death / Boris Shklyar, Flonia Levy-Adam, and Estee Kurant.
- 9781493921515 (alk. paper), 1493921517 (alk. paper), 1493921525 (eBook), and 9781493921522 (eBook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32512469