Practical and emotional challenges of conducting community research on women, pregnancy, alcohol, and health issues [electronic resource] : a case study of a survey among women in Tshwane, South Africa / Eileen Rich, Elmarie Nel, Nadine Harker Burnhams, Neo K. Morojele
- SAGE Research Methods Cases: Medicine and Health
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Conducting fieldwork for surveys that deal with sensitive and gender-specific topics, particularly in semi-urban, less developed areas, has many challenges, and there is a need for more research on this issue. This case study describes the practical and emotional challenges that were faced during fieldwork operations while conducting a survey on women's health, pregnancy experiences, and alcohol use in Tshwane, South Africa. It also discusses strategies used to overcome these challenges and will be of relevance to anyone conducting research in developing countries.
- Communities—South Africa—City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality—Case studies
- Women—Health and hygiene—South Africa—City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality—Case studies
- Pregnancy—South Africa—City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality—Case studies
- Women—Alcohol use—South Africa—City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality—Case studies
- 9781529734362 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32513133