Stem cell technologies in neuroscience [electronic resource] / edited by Amit K. Srivastava, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children's Program in Regenerative Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, McGovern Medical School, Houston, Texas, USA, Evan Y. Snyder, Center for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, LA Jolla, CA, USA, Yang D. Teng, Departments of PM&R and Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Spaulding Rehabilitation Network and Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- New York, NY : Humana Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 240 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Srivastava, Amit K., Snyder, Evan Y., and Teng, Yang D.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This volume provides comprehensive knowledge on the fundamental techniques and detailed laboratory protocols used in stem cell research and their potential application in the field of neuroscience. The chapters in this book cover detailed descriptions of techniques for isolation, maintenance, differentiation, and characterization of neural stem cells, and the development of in vitro stem cell-based neurological disease model. There are detailed methods on leading techniques for stem cell genetic engineering and intra-organ transplantation for research and therapeutic purposes, in vivo imaging of donor stem cells, and essential requirements for setting up a new stem cell laboratory. Neuromethods series offers chapters with key advice and procedure specifics to empower the readers to successfully achieve their own scientific and experimental goals. Cutting-edge and pragmatic, Stem Cell Technologies in Neuroscience is a valuable resource for academic and translational researchers, industry scientists, biology teachers, and life science graduate students to grasp the vital pulse of the rapidly growing field of stem cell research.--
- 9781493970223 (alk. paper)
1493970224 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32514104