The itinerary [electronic resource] : of John Leland the Antiquary, in nine volumes. Published by Mr. Thomas Hearne
- Leland, John, 1506?-1552
- Oxford : printed at the Theatre; for James Fletcher, and Joseph Pote, at Eton College, 1770.
- The third edition: printed from Mr. Hearne's corrected copy in the Bodleian Library.
- Physical Description:
- 9 volumes,plates : illustrations ; 8⁰.
- Each volume has its own titlepage; vol 1 dated: 1768; vols2-9 dated: 1769.
With a list of subscribers in vol.1.
Vol 4 is in two parts, the second part published "from Mr. Burton's transcription the Bodleian Library".
Vols 7-8 are in two parts, the second published "from Mr. Stowe's transcript in the Library of Robert Davies." - 'A late of two swannes' by W. Vallens in vol.5 was issued separately.
'A discourse concerning the Stunsfield tessellated pavement' by Thomas Hearne and 'An account of some Roman urns' in vol.8 were possibly issued separately.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the History and geography series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT135479.
View MARC record | catkey: 3251488