Getting Started in Port Scanning Using Nmap and Kali Linux [electronic resource] / Mallett, Andrew
- Discover top-class methods to identify weaknesses in services and systems to mitigate against network attacks About This Video Learn how to tackle common network security threats with Kali Linux and Nmap Understand different port selection mechanisms of Nmap Understand Ansible configuration management and implement it in a real-world scenario Kali Linux is one of the popular tools used for penetration testing, ethical hacking, and network security assessments. This course will help you to explore the techniques of port scanning using Nmap and Kali Linux. The course starts by introducing you to the course objectives and to Kali Linux and Nmap. Next, you will delve into the concepts of host discovery, creating Nmap host lists in Kali Linux on the way. Moving ahead, you will learn the techniques used to perform scans with Nmap and learn the process of auditing Secure Shell (SSH) security to detect systems that allow password-based authentication. Toward the end, you will learn to use Ansible to secure the threats, ensuring that the fixes are documented are repeatable. Throughout this course, you will use Wireshark to analyze the network activity, which will help you to understand the different nodes of Nmap with ease. By the end of this course, you will have gained all the essential skills needed to perform cybersecurity audits of your network using Kali Linux and Nmap.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2020.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Packt Publishing 2020
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 32515291