Getting Started with Containers in Google Cloud Platform : Deploy, Manage, and Secure Containerized Applications [electronic resource] / Ifrah, Shimon
- Ifrah, Shimon
- Apress, 2020.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (315 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Deploy, manage, and secure containers and containerized applications on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This book covers each container service in GCP from the ground up and teaches you how to deploy and manage your containers on each service. You will start by setting up and configuring GCP tools and the tenant environment. You then will store and manage Docker container images with GCP Container Registry (ACR). Next, you will deploy containerized applications with GCP Cloud Run and create an automated CI/CD deployment pipeline using Cloud Build. The book covers GCP's flagship service, Google Kubernetes Service (GKE), and deployment of a Kubernetes cluster using clear steps and considering GCP best practices using the GCP management console and gcloud command-line tool. Also covered is monitoring containers and containerized applications on GCP with Cloud Monitoring, and backup and restore containers and containerized applications on GCP. By the end of the book, you will know how to get started with GCP container services and understand the fundamentals of each service and the supporting services needed to run containers in a production environment. This book also assists you in transferring your skills from AWS and Azure to GCP using the knowledge you have acquired on each platform and leveraging it to gain more skills. What You Will Learn Get started with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Store Docker images on GCP Container Registry Deploy Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) cluster Secure containerized applications on GCP Use Cloud Build to deploy containers Use GCP Batch for batch job processing on Kubernetes Who This Book Is For Google Cloud administrators, developers, and architects who want to get started and learn more about containers and containerized applications on Google Cloud Platform (GPC)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2021.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Copyright 2021 Shimon Ifrah. 2021
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 32515292