Minimally Invasive and Robotic-Assisted Surgery in Pediatric Urology [electronic resource] / edited by Patricio C. Gargollo
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 448 pages 120 illustrations, 104 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Gargollo, Patricio C. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- History of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Assisted Surgery in Pediatric urology -- Physiologic Considerations in Laparoscopic Surgery -- Anesthesia for Laparoscopic Surgery -- Relevant Anatomy in MIS -- Basic Instrumentation and Equipment -- Patient Positioning, Trocar Placement, and Initial Access -- Trans Abdominal vs Retroperitoneal Procedures -- Pyeloplasty -- Hemi-nephrectomy -- Nephrectomy -- Ureteral Reimplantation -- Management of Duplication Anomalies -- Urachal Anomalies and Posterior Bladder Surgery -- Continent Catheterizable Channels -- Complex Bladder Reconstruction -- Bladder Augmentation Procedures -- Orchidopexy -- Varicocelectomy -- Fetal Surgery -- Complications in Pediatric Urology MIS -- New Robotic Systems -- Education and Simulation in MIS -- Tips and Tricks. Future Direction and Case Based Discussions.
- This book provides a data-driven analysis of robotic assisted, laparoscopic, and endoscopic urological procedures in children, including renal surgery, ureteral surgery, oncology, and bladder surgery. Introductory chapters outline and describe the logistics of establishing a dedicated minimally invasive program at your institution, as well as the basics of anatomy, instrumentation, access, and trocar placement. Subsequent chapters are organized by anatomic compartment (upper tract and lower tract) and organ system. Each chapter also addresses advanced techniques and future directions, as well as common complications and case-based challenges. The final chapters review oncology and special considerations in infants. Minimally Invasive and Robotic-Assisted Surgery in Pediatric Urology provides a comprehensive, evidence-based text on pediatric urology robotic and minimally invasive surgery, allowing readers to implement the material presented for the improvement of their own practices and patient outcomes.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 32515863