Internal Limiting Membrane Surgery [electronic resource] / by Ji Eun Lee, Ik Soo Byon, Sung Who Park
- Lee, Ji Eun
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 105 pages 61 illustrations, 54 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Byon, Ik Soo, Park, Sung Who, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Terminology -- 2. Histology -- 3. Instrument -- 4. Vital dye -- 5. Vitreous substitute -- 6. Internal limiting membrane peeling -- 7. Internal limiting membrane insertion -- 8. Internal limiting membrane flap -- 9. Macular changes after internal limiting membrane surgery -- 10. idiopathic macular hole -- 11. Epiretinal membrane -- 12. Diabetic macular edema -- 13. Macular hole retinal detachment -- 14. Myopic tractional maculopathy -- 15. Retinal detachment -- 16. Optic pit maculopathy.
- This book describes and illustrates the various operative techniques employed in internal limiting membrane (ILM) surgery in patients with different macular diseases. Clear guidance is first provided on terminology, bearing in mind that, in the past, methods and results have often been misread or misunderstood owing to confusing terms. Instruction is then given on handling of the ILM and the use of vital dyes and vitreous substitute. ILM peeling, ILM insertion, and ILM flap techniques are explained, and detailed descriptions are provided of the ILM surgical procedures currently performed in conditions such as macular hole, epiretinal membrane, diabetic macular edema, myopic tractional maculopathy, retinal detachment, and optic pit maculopathy. In addition, a chapter is devoted to the postoperative anatomical and functional changes to the macula after ILM surgery in order to help readers both to understand the mechanism of metamorphopsia and to reduce this symptom. The book will be an excellent up-to-date guide for all vitreoretinal surgeons.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 32516148