The Many Facets of Israel's Hydrogeology [electronic resource] / edited by Uri Kafri, Yoseph Yechieli
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 511 pages 262 illustrations, 203 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kafri, Uri, Yechieli, Yoseph, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction Hydrogeology of Israel -- The mountain carbonate aquifers of Israel -- The coastal aquifers of Israel, including seawater intrusion and SGD -- The vast regional desert Nubian Sandstone aquifer -- The hydrogeological system of the Dead Sea Rift base level -- Recharge processes in the desert and Mediterranean environments -- Groundwater contamination and environmental aspects -- Dating of different groundwater bodies -- Monitoring of groundwater level and salinity changes, related to tides, exploitation and earthquakes -- Paleohydrology of Israel -- Engineering and infrastructural aspects related to groundwater processes (watering, subsidence, sinkholes) -- Hydrogeophysics (borehole logging, TDEM, TEM) -- Ancient groundwater exploitation systems discovered in archaeological sites -- Groundwater resources management. .
- This book presents a collection of essays that address various facets of the hydrogeology of Israel. Despite its small geographic size, Israel exhibits a variety of climates and is located between two regional fluctuating base levels. The respective chapters discuss the variety of hydrogeological configurations and hydrological processes produced by these geographical circumstances. In some cases, the interpretation of these aspects is deliberately left open to debate, because the authors were asked to provide, in addition to their own views, also alternative and even conflicting ones. Hydrogeological configurations similar to those in Israel can be found in other countries around the world. Therefore, researchers, scholars and professionals in this interdisciplinary field can benefit from and directly apply the considerable experience and expertise that has been gathered in Israel over the past few decades.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 32516654