Challenges in Rhinology [electronic resource] / edited by Cemal Cingi, Nuray Bayar Muluk, Glenis K Scadding, Ranko Mladina
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 535 pages 101 illustrations, 86 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Cingi, Cemal, Bayar Muluk, Nuray, Scadding, Glenis K., Mladina, Ranko, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Preface -- Is the nasal cycle real? How important is it? -- Are there additional nasal sinuses? Do they matter? -- What is nasal hyperreactivity? -- What is vasomotor rhinitis? -- Cobweb rhinitis - Arachnoidal rhinitis -- What is honeymoon rhinitis? -- Recurrent Epistaxis from Kiesselbach's Area Syndrome (REKAS) -- Local allergic rhinitis, a new allergic rhinitis phenotype -- Recent Combination Therapy Options for Allergic Rhinitis -- Does allergy cause chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps? -- Is allergen- specific immunotherapy (AIT) helpful in treating CRSwNP? -- Does aspirin desensitisation work in N-ERD? -- Complementary and alternative medicine in allergic rhinitis -- Sneezing and nasal discharge as a barrier in communication during adolescence -- How should rhinitis be managed during pregnancy? -- Paediatric Rhinitis and Rhinosinusitis -- Have technical advances improved CRS outcomes? -- What is the significance of rhinitis in otitis media with effusion? -- Is there any analogy between the defect of the eardrum in chronic otitis media and defect of the fontanel (Two Holes Syndrome) in chronic maxillary sinusitis? -- Approaches to repairing skull base defects for the prevention of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leakage -- IMAGING OF CEREBROSPINAL FLUID RHINORRHEA -- Who really needs a rhinoplasty? -- Which approach should be applied in rhinoplasty - open or endonasal? -- Selfies and the rising demand for rhinoplasty -- Assessment of Angulation Deformities of Lower Lateral Cartilages and Their Restoration -- Preservation Rhinoplasty -- Suture Lift of the Nasal Tip -- Fillers as a new tool for improving nasal appearance -- What is the ideal packing and ointment after nasal surgery? -- The best time to operate on nasal polyps -- Surgical treatment for inferior turbinate hypertrophy -- THE ROLE OF ALLERGIC RHINITIS FOR PROFESSIONAL VOICE USERS -- Ideal Anaesthesia in Nasal Surgery -- Are antifungals effective in rhinosinusitis? -- How does nasal polyp formation relate to immunomodulatory effects? -- The importance of IgE and the uses of anti- IgE -- When should we use biologics in rhinology? -- Recent advances in olfactory dysfunction treatment and rehabilitation -- Does nasal disease cause headaches? -- Upper And Lower Airways Interaction: Is The United Airway Disease Concept A Reflection Of Reality? How Important Is It? -- Does rhinitis pharmacotherapy improve control of comorbid asthma? -- Chronic cough: pathology, causes and the role of rhinitis/rhinosinusitis -- Occupational rhinitis -- UPPER AIRWAY COUGH SYNDROME -- Does immunodeficiency matter in ENT? -- Is an ideal nasal drop able to reduce all symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis? -- The Threat from Emerging Virus Infections: Today and Tomorrow -- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Analysis of a Real Nasal Airway -- Some forensic aspects of the nasal septal deformities.
- This book examines in detail many rhinologic issues that are not covered in other books, are still not completely understood, and can be difficult to deal with clinically. In each chapter, three authors - a young otorhinolaryngologist, a senior author, and an international expert - elaborate on a specific issue, such as the role of immunotherapy in treating nasal polyps, the management of rhinitis during pregnancy, how rhinitis can differ in adults and children, how to choose between open or endonasal rhinoplasty, the ideal form of anesthesia for nasal surgery, etc. The volume will appeal to a wide readership, from otorhinolaryngologists to allergists and facial plastic surgeons, as well as trainees and students in related fields.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 32517011