Understanding Social Research Networking Sites [electronic resource] / by Jens-Henrik Soeldner
- Soeldner, Jens-Henrik
- Wiesbaden : Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden : Imprint: Springer Gabler, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XXV, 320 pages 47 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Markt- und Unternehmensentwicklung Markets and Organisations
- Benefits and challenges of research collaboration -- Technical aspects of social software and its usage potential, as well as issues associated with adoption and use -- Social research networking sites' features and intended use -- Recommendations for usage and future development of social research networking sites. .
- Research collaboration is a critical enabler for scientific knowledge production and innovation but poses significant challenges, particularly if it is carried out in a distributed and geographically dispersed fashion. Jens-Henrik Soeldner investigates how social research networking sites can help make scientific collaboration in management research more productive and successful. The author builds on a comprehensive literature review and two empirical studies to elucidate how social research networking sites can be leveraged for various research-related tasks. Contents Benefits and challenges of research collaboration Technical aspects of social software and its usage potential, as well as issues associated with adoption and use Social research networking sites' features and intended use Recommendations for usage and future development of social research networking sites Target Groups Researchers, lecturers, and students in the field of information systems and computer-supported collaborative work Practitioners in the field of computer-supported collaborative work The Author Dr. Jens-Henrik Soeldner was a research associate at the Chair of Information Systems I (Prof. Dr. Kathrin M. Möslein) at the Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. He serves as a Professor for Information Systems and IT-Security at Ansbach University of Applied Sciences and also works as a Managing Director in a family-owned consulting company.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 32517120