Living Islam / a BBC-TV production in association with Ambrose Video Publishing
- [University Park, Pennsylvania?] : [producer not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 6 videodiscs (300 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Ahmed, Akbar S., Kriwaczek, Paul, Purcell, Hugh, Percival, John, 1937-2005, Hodlin, Tim, Drori, Jonathan, British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service, and Ambrose Video Publishing
- 1. Foundations / executive producer, Hugh Purcell ; producer Paul Kriwaczek -- 2. The challenge of the past / executive producer, Paul Kriwaczek ; producer, Hugh Purcell -- 3. Struggling with modernity / executive producers, Paul Kriwaczek, Hugh Purcell ; producer, Jonathan Drori -- 4. Paradise lies at the feet of the mother / executive producers, Hugh Purcell, Paul Kriwaczek ; producer, John Percival -- 5. Among the non-believers / executive producer, Paul Kriwaczek, Hugh Purcell ; producer, Jonathan Drori -- 6. The last crusade / executive producers, Hugh Purcell, Paul Kriwaczek ; producer John Percival.
- A series both about Islam as a living idea and how the idea is lived. It is a tour round the history, the faith and cultures of Islam. Focuses on what it mean to be Muslim in today's world, living with the great tradition of a world religion, and the little traditions of local, regional and village cultures.
- These discs are recorded DVDs and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally released on videocassette by Ambrose Video Publishing in 1993.
Use copy of video content now fragile in original format. Media conversion undertaken based on Fair Use analysis. Copy created September, 2020.
Penn State use only. Not for interlibrary loan.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Hisham Sirry [and others] ; music, Rohan ; editors, Noel Chanan [and others].
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presenter, Akbar Ahmed.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 32517130