Cybersexualities : a reader on feminist theory, cyborgs, and cyberspace / edited and with an introduction by Jenny Wolmark
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 374 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Wolmark, Jenny
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restrictions unspecified
- Technophilia: technology, representation, and the feminine / Mary Ann Doane -- The pleasure of the interface / Claudia Springer -- Virtual corporeality: a feminist view / Zoë Sofia -- Will the real body please stand up? Boundary stories about virtual cultures / Allucquere Rosanne Stone -- The future looms: weaving women and cybernetics / Sadie Plant -- Space, time, and bodies / Elizabeth Grosz -- Reading cyborgs writing feminism / Anne Balsamo -- The life cycle of cyborgs: writing the posthuman / N. Katherine Hayles -- Cybernetic deconstructions: cyberpunk and postmodernism / Veronica Hollinger -- Cyberpunk: preparing the ground for revolution or keeping the boys satisfied? / Nicola Nixon -- Meat puppets or robopaths? Cyberpunk and the question of embodiment / Thomas Foster -- The postmodern romances of feminist science fiction / Jenny Wolmark -- New sciences: cyborg feminism and the methodology of the oppressed / Chela Sandoval -- Envisioning cyborg bodies: notes from current research / Jennifer González -- From virtual cyborgs to biological time bombs: technocriticism and the material body / Kathleen Woodward -- Birth of the cyberqueer / Donald Morton -- The promises of monsters: a regenerative politics for inappropriate/d others / Donna Haraway.
- Cyberspace, the cyborg and cyberpunk have given feminists new imaginative possibilities for thinking about embodiment and identity in relation to technology. This is an anthology of key essays on these potent metaphors.
- 9781474473668 (electronic bk.) and 1474473660 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 367-371) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action Note:
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
View MARC record | catkey: 32522529