Working with refugee families : trauma and exile in family relationships / edited by Lucia De Haene, Cécile Rousseau
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 340 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Haene, Lucia de and Rousseau, Cécile
- "In the past few years, major transformations have occurred in relationships between Western societies and refugees seeking a home within their borders. A marked increase in the influx of refugees and asylum-seekers into these host societies has coincided with polarization in receiving societies' collective representations of refugees, associated with socio-economic and political dynamics shattering European and North American majorities' privileges in a globalizing world (1). Policy responses to growing demands of refugee reception have fueled polarized debates of both solidarity and exclusion within political discourses and local communities"--
- 9781108602105 (electronic book)
110860210X (electronic book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32522570