Mastering evaluation and management services in healthcare : a resource for professional services / Stacy Swartz, BSHIM, RHIA, CCS, CPC
- Swartz, Stacy
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (100 pages).
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. General principles of medical record documentation -- Chapter 3. Classification and structure of the evaluation and management system -- Chapter 4. 1995 documentation guidelines -- Chapter 5. 1997 documentation guidelines -- Chapter 6. Definitions of commonly used terms -- Chapter 7. 2021 documentation guideline changes.
- This book explores evaluation and management (E/M) coding and serves as a resource in the practice and application of level of service codes. For two decades the 1995 and 1997 guidelines have provided guidance and structure around the documentation requirements necessary to support professional, outpatient services. After twenty-three years, Medicare has announced the adoption of a new set of standards to be released on January 1, 2021. This book will serve as a guide for correct code assignment and as an educational resource for the 1995, 1997 and 2021 documentation guidelines.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9781952538674 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 93) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 32525319