Production Technology of Stone Fruits [electronic resource] / edited by Mohammad Maqbool Mir, Umar Iqbal, Shabir Ahmad Mir
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 436 pages 74 illustrations, 59 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mir, Mohammad Maqbool, Iqbāl, ʻUmar, Mir, Shabir Ahmad, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1. Varietal diversification of stone fruits -- Chapter 2. Nutrient management in stone fruits -- Chapter 3. Pollination management in stone fruit crops -- Chapter 4. Canopy management in stone fruits -- Chapter 5. Rootstocks of stone fruit crops -- Chapter 6. Irrigation management in stone fruits -- Chapter 7. Physiological disorders in stone fruits -- Chapter 8. Orchard factors affecting postharvest quality of stone fruits -- Chapter 9. Nutritional composition of stone fruits -- Chapter 10. Chemical treatments for shelf life enhancement of stone fruits -- Chapter 11. Packaging and storage of stone fruits -- Chapter 12. Hi tech stone fruit industry, issues and approaches -- Chapter 13. Growth and supply chain of stone fruits in the world- an indian outlook -- Chapter 14. Diseases of stone fruit crops -- Chapter 15. Integrated pest management of stone fruits -- Chapter 16. Nematodes associated with stone fruits & their management strategies.
- Globally stone fruits are emerging in the market due to the increased consumer's desire for health-promoting foods. Stone fruits attract research attention, mainly due to the cultural and commercial aspects of the array of varieties that are grown. Being grown in wide range of environments, it is very important to understand what factors influence the production and quality attributes of stone fruits. There is a lack of systematic scientific information on strategic approach for production technologies of such fruits. This book will be first of its kind focusing on technological aspects of stone fruits especially on latest developments in present day horticulture. It will be an essential reference for professionals including academicians, scholars, researchers and industries working in the said area. We hope that readers will find this book a useful resource for their research or studies, and it will be helpful in the development of high quality stone fruits in future which will improve the economic and social life of people. Besides, this book fulfills the needs of a number of horticultural courses of Universities and will serving as a pomological manual for all occasions.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 32526030