Educational psychology / John W. Santrock, University of Texas at Dallas
- Santrock, John W.
- New York : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Seventh edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- "Each chapter opens with a high-interest teaching story that is linked to the chapter's content. Many of these stories were written especially for this text by outstanding teachers. A feature formerly titled Connecting with Teachers: Best Practices that appears numerous times in each chapter is now titled Connecting with Students: Best Practices. I am especially indebted to many outstanding teachers for the examples they provided for the Connecting with Students material that connects theory and practice. Another feature, Through the Eyes of Teachers, is embedded in Connecting with Students: Best Practices, presenting the strategies that leading teachers-many of them award-winning-use related to the topic(s) that have just been discussed. Prospective teachers who take a course in developmental psychology will be teaching at different grade levels. They want to better understand developmental changes in students and the best way to teach students at the grade level at which they will teach. I asked a number of outstanding teachers at four different levels of schooling (early childhood, elementary school, middle school, and high school) to provide their recommendations of the best teaching practices related to the topic being discussed at that point in the text. Their comments appear multiple times within chapters"--
- 9781260237771 (paperback)
9781260808759 (loose leaf)
- Audience Notes:
- Ages 18+ McGraw-Hill Education.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32526210