Atlas of properties along the Philadelphia, Wilmington, and Baltimore Railroad and the Philadelphia & Westchester Rail Road, from Philadelphia to Chester : from official records, private plans, and actual surveys
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Additional Titles:
- Atlas of properties along Phila. Wil. & Balt. R. R. and the West Chester R. R. from Phila. to Chester & Media Penna
- Philadelphia, [Pennsylvania] : G.M. Hopkins, C.E., 320 Walnut St., 1882.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (26 plates [or 50] leaves) : 28 hand-colored maps ; 48 cm
- Philadelphia, Wilmington, and Baltimore Rail Road Company
- West Chester Rail Road Company
- Real property—Pennsylvania—Delaware County—Maps
- Landowners—Pennsylvania—Delaware County—Maps
- Real property—Pennsylvania—Philadelphia—Maps
- Railroads—Pennsylvania—Delaware County—Maps
- Real property
- Harold J. Cramer Map Collection
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:4,800. 400 ft. to the in. (W 75°23ʹ58ʺ--W 75°10ʹ47ʺ/N 39°57ʹ36ʺ--N 39°49ʹ51ʺ).
- Cadastral maps.
Numbered plates preceded by two color maps, "Index map [to] Atlas of properties along Phila. Wilm. & Balt. R. R. and the Phila. & West Chester R. R. from Philadelphia to Chester", scale approximately 1:41,000, and "Driving map of Philadelphia & environs from new and original surveys", scale approximately 1:42,000.
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1882, by G.M. Hopkins, in the Office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington."
"--MacCormac--"--at the bottom of the title page.
Receipt for purchase of the atlas is pasted inside the front cover with the following information: Philadelphia, Dec. 28, 1882, [purchased by] J. M. Broomall, Media, bought of G. M. Hopkins, per subscription, one copy of Atlas of Properties along P. W. and B. and W. R. R., $10.00, received payment, [signed] G.M. Hopkins.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Maps Library copy: Gift of Harold J. Cramer, 2018.
View MARC record | catkey: 32531490