Construction detailing for landscape and garden design : surface, steps and margins / Paul Hensey
- Hensey, Paul
- London : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 229 pages) : illustrations
- Cover; Half Title; Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Table of Contents; List of figures; List of tables; Acknowledgments; Note on the text; Introduction; How to use this book; Materials; Standards and regulations; References; 1 Vehicular paving; Introduction; Sub-grade; Geotextiles; Sub-base; Base or bedding layers; Wearing or paving surface; Other features; Car parking; Materials; References; 2 Pedestrian paving; Introduction; The wearing course (paved surface); Stone providence; Finishes; Sealing, protection and maintenance; Batches and tolerance; Laying patterns, The laying course (bedding)Sub-base; Sub-grade; Jointing; Special paving; Gradient and drainage; References; 3 Drainage channels; Introduction; Ancillary fixtures; Materials; Linear or slot drains; Channel frequency; Gradient; SUDS; Soak-aways; Sub-surface drains; Note; References; 4 Margins, edges, kerbs and trims; Introduction; Metal edges; Plastic edges; Abutments; Lawn levels; Cast in situ (CIS) concrete edges; Brick; Kerbs; Tolerance; References; 5 Steps and ramps; Introduction; Handrails; Landings; Gradients; Steps: materials; Balustrades; Ramps; References; Glossary, and Appendix A ResourcesAppendix B Specifications; Appendix C Professional trade bodies and associations; Appendix D Graphical representation; Appendix E SketchUp CAD modelling; Index
- Designs for gardens and landscapes need to contain accurate information to ensure that both the designer's intent is clear and to enable the highest quality constructions. This book contains the elements most often used when detailing surfaces, with key information on standards, guidance and construction that the practitioner must be aware of. Alongside the text are 2D and 3D images with suggestions of measurements, design considerations and materials. Key topics covered in this book are: Vehicular paving; Pedestrian paving and patios; Steps and ramps; Margins, edges and kerbs; Drainage channels. To be used in conjunction with the book is an innovative online library of freely downloadable CAD (SketchUp format) details which link directly to those in the book. These details are available for the reader to edit, adapt and use in their own designs - and make the task of detailing for projects that little bit easier.
- 1317401751 (ebk), 9781317401759 (ebk), 9781317401742, 1317401743, 9781315681962, and 131568196X
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 218) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32531818