Chromatin regulation and dynamics [electronic resource] / edited by Anita Göndör, Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell, Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, AP, Academic Press is an imprint of Elsevier, 
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 473 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Göndör, Anita
- Translational epigenetics series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A brief introduction to chromatin regulation and dynamics -- Histone modifications and histone variants in pluripotency and differentiation -- Dynamics and function of DNA methylation during development -- ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling : from development to disease -- Chromatin dynamics during the cell cycle -- Epigenetic regulation of replication and replication timing -- Regulation of cellular identity by polycomb and trithorax proteins -- Interplay between chromatin and splicing -- Crosstalk between non-coding RNAs and the epigenome in development -- Epigenetic regulation of nucleolar functions -- Chromatin dynamics and DNA repair -- Regulation of centromeric chromatin -- Telomere maintenance in the dynamic nuclear architecture -- Epigenetic regulation of X-chromosome inactivation -- Interaction between cellular metabolic states and chromatin dynamics -- Circadian plasticity of chromatin states -- 3D nuclear architecture and epigenetic memories : regulators of phenotypic plasticity in development, aging, and cancer.
- "Chromatin regulation and dynamics integrates knowledge on the dynamic regulation of primary chromatin fiber with the 3D nuclear architecture, and then connects related processes to circadian regulation of cellular metabolic states, representing a paradigm of adaptation to environmental changes. The book also covers the many ways chromatin dynamics can synergize to fundamentally contribute to the development of complex diseases. Chromatin dynamics, which is strategically positioned at the gene-environment interface, is at the core of disease development. As such, Chromatin regulation and dynamics, as part of the Translational epigenetics series, facilitates the flow of information between research areas such as chromatin regulation, developmental biology, as well as ageing and complex diseases by focusing on recent findings of the fast-moving field of chromatin regulation."--
- 9780128033951 (hbk) and 0128033959 (hbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32538401