Critical Perspectives on Interreligious Education [electronic resource] : Experiments in Empathy / Najeeba Syeed, Heidi Hadsell
- Additional Titles:
- Experiments in Empathy
- Leiden; Boston : Brill 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Syeed, Najeeba and Hadsell, Heidi
- Currents of Encounter; 63 and Religious Studies, Theology and Philosophy E-Books Online, Collection 2020, ISBN: 9789004419094
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The editors of Experiments in Empathy: Critical Reflections on Interreligious Education have assembled a volume that spans multiple religious traditions and offers innovative methods for teaching and designing interreligious learning. This groundbreaking text includes established interreligious educators and emerging scholars who expand the vision of this field to include critical studies, decolonial approaches and exciting pedagogical developments. The book includes voices that are often left out of other comparative theology or interreligious education texts. Scholars from evangelical, Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, religiously hybrid and other background enrich the existing models for interreligious classrooms. The book is particularly relevant at a time when religion is so often harnessed for division and hatred. By examining the roots of racism, xenophobia, sexism and their interaction with religion that contribute to inequity the volume offers real world educational interventions. The content is in high demand as are the authors who contributed to the volume. Contributors are: Scott Alexander, Judith A. Berling, Monica A. Coleman, Reuven Firestone, Christine Hong, Jennifer Howe Peace, Munir Jiwa, Nancy Fuchs Kreimer, Tony Ritchie, Rachel Mikva, John Thatanamil, Timur Yuskaev.
- 9789004420045 (electronic book) and 9789004420021 (print)
View MARC record | catkey: 32540281