Eurasian politics and society [electronic resource] : issues and challenges / edited by Özgür Tüfekçi, Hüsrev Tabak and Erman Akıllı
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 191 pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Tüfekçi, Özgür, Tabak, Husrev, and Akıllı, Erman
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Turkish Eurasianism: roots and discourses / Özgür Tüfekçi -- Moscow's sense of Eurasianism: Seeking after Central Asia but not wanting the Central Asian / Mehmet Arslan -- The European Union and the integration of the Balkans and the Caucasus / Didem Ekinci -- Soft power struggle in the South Caucasus: the case of Azerbaijan / Seymur Huseynli -- From the 'status quo' to the 'humanitarian' discourse: Turkish foreign policy in flux / Alessia Chiriatti and Federico Donelli -- The nature of the economic dependence of Kazakhstan on the Russian economy after integration processes / Spartak Tulegenov -- The 'yes and no' to Turkey's accession / Lisa Schäfer -- 'Geopolitical awareness' as a cultural paradigm for Putin's Russia / Alessio Stilo -- The Eurasian Economic Union and Turkey: new aspirations in a globalised world / Serdar Yılmaz.
- "Eurasian Politics and Society: Issues and Challenges studies the various outcomes of regional transformation, the ideology of Turkish Eurasianism, and the Eurasian Economic Union. In doing so, it looks at the power struggle in the South Caucasus, Kazakhstan's relations with Russia, Russia's sense of Eurasianism, and geopolitical awareness as a pattern of imperial self-perception for Putin's Russia. The book also provides a detailed analysis of the situation in Syria from a humanitarian perspective, and utilizes an innovative approach in exploring how the European Neighbourhood Policy resonates in Neo/Functionalism. As such, this volume represents a valuable resource for graduate and undergraduate students, academics and researchers in the areas of security, political economy, European studies, post-Soviet studies, and Eurasian studies." --
- 9781443855112 hardback
9781443891820 electronic bk.
1443891827 electronic bk.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 32544827