Foundations of early childhood [electronic resource] : principles and practice / edited by Penny Mukherji and Louise Dryden
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 414 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mukherji, Penny and Dryden, Louise
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part 1. An introduction to studying early childhood. Studying for a degree / Louise Dryden ; Upholding children's rights in early years settings / Carolyne Willow ; Becoming a reflective practitioner and practitioner research / Judy Stevenson ; Observation and assessment / Jonathan Glazzard -- Part 2. How children develop. How children develop / Penny Mukherji ; How children learn / Linda Pound ; The importance of play / Justine Howard -- Part 3. Influencing factors. The historical background of early childhood care and education : influencing factors / Linda Pound ; Social inequalities / Gianna Knowles and Penny Mukherji ; Health and well-being / Penny Mukherji ; Recent legislation and policy initiatives (1997-present) / Tricia Johnson -- Part 4. Approaches and practice. Curricula and pedagogic principles in the foundation stage (0-5) / Edwina Mitchell ; Working in partnership with parents in early childhood settings / Penny Mukherji and Vicky Mummery ; Safeguarding and protecting children / Claire M. Richards ; Management and leadership / Judy Stevenson -- Part 5. Implementing the curriculum. Young children's personal, social and emotional development : foundations of being / Julia Manning-Morton ; Communication, literacy and ICT / Louise Dryden ; Physical development and the role of the physical environment / Rita White ; Specific areas of development and learning (mathematics, understanding of the world, expressive arts and design) / Ros Garrick ; Transitions / Hilary Fabian.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32546365