Geological belts, plate boundaries, and mineral deposits in Myanmar [electronic resource] / Andrew Mitchell, Myanar Precious Resources Group, Myannar and Oxford, United Kingdom
- Mitchell, A. H. G.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands : Elsevier, 
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 509 pages : illustrations (mostly color), maps (mostly color) ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ridd, Michael F. (Michael Frederick), 1936- and Racey, Andrew
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Myanmar east of the Sagaing Fault. The Shan Plateau west of the Salween -- Myanmar east of the Salween : the Sibumasu-Mong Yawng arc collision and related tin mineralization -- The Mergui group and equivalents in the Slate Belt, Phayaungtaung and the Gaoliogong Range (northeastern Myanmar) -- Paung Laung-Mawchi zone -- Granites, minor intrusions, and mineralization in the Slate Belt, Phayaungtaung, and Gaoligong Range -- Mogok metamorphic belt -- Tagaung-Myitkyina Belt and Katha-Gangaw Range -- Myanmar west of the Sagaing Fault. Popa-Loimye magmatic arc -- Central Burma depression and its petroleum occurrences / Michael F. Ridd -- The Indo-Burman ranges and the Arakan coastal lowland -- Exploration history and petroleum geology of offshore Myanmar / Andrew Racey -- Hukawng Basin, the amber mines, and the Orbitolina limestone -- Jade mines-Loimaw uplift -- Kumon Range -- Myanmar east and west of the Sagaing Fault. Chaun Kan gneiss and the India collision zone in northwestern Myanmar -- Popa-Loimye arc, correlations with Tibet, and alluvial diamonds in Myanmar -- Myanmar orogens and Flysch, potential for mineral discoveries, and Shan scarps and jade mines cross sections.
- 9780128033821 (pbk.) and 0128033827 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32547327