Healthcare and human dignity [electronic resource] : law matters / Frank M. McClellan
- McClellan, Frank M.
- New Brunswick, New Jersey : Rutgers University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 189 pages ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Healthcare and law : appreciating the need to protect human dignity -- Philosophical and legal conceptions of dignity : trusting your doctor -- Emergency care in America : law, morality and ethics "I'm nobody. who are you? Are you nobody too?" -- Professional bias, class bias, and power : emotional distress -- The love doctor : sex and gender bias : breach of trust and abuse of power -- Innovative therapy and medical experimentation : the maverick surgeon -- Introduction : perspectives on racism : "black people just don't understand"- the botched hysterectomy : race, healthcare, and human dignity -- Healthcare disparities as a lived experience : one family's story : unequal community access -- Catastrophic injuries : protecting and restoring human dignity -- Orthopedic health disparities : grappling with socioeconomic factors that affect health and healthcare -- Paying for healthcare costs : lessons from a 50-year-old government program called Medicare -- Health care and human dignity in a diverse and changing world the critical role of empathy, compassion and humility.
- 9781978802964, 9781978802957 (pbk.), 9781978802971, and 9781978802988
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32548643