The limits of liberalism [electronic resource] : tradition, individualism, and the crisis of freedom / Mark T. Mitchell
- Mitchell, Mark T.
- Notre Dame : University of Notre Dame Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 327 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Contents -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- Introduction: surveying the landscape and defining terms -- The seventeenth-century denigration of tradition and a nineteenth-century response -- Michael oakeshott and the epistemic role of tradition -- Alasdair macintyre's tradition-constituted inquiry -- Michael polanyi and role of tacit knowledge -- The incoherence of liberalism and the response of tradition -- Afterword: a conservatism worth conserving, or conservatism as stewardship -- Notes -- Bibliography -- Index.
- 9780268104290 (hardback : alk. paper), 9780268104313 (pdf), and 9780268104320 (epub)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 313-321) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32553105