The magic of tiny business [electronic resource] : you don't have to go big to make a great living / Sharon Rowe ; illustrations by Julian Rowe
- Rowe, Sharon
- Oakland, CA : Berrett-Koehler Publishers Inc., 
- First Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 142 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Too many of us feel trapped by work that doesn't allow us to live our purpose, feed our passions, or use our gifts. We fantasize about starting our own business, but we're told this will mean going deeply into debt, spending years working eighty hours a week, and coping with the relentless pressure to grow. Sharon Rowe says there's another way: go tiny. She is here to show you how. Tiny isn't a size--it's a state of mind. Like a tiny house, a tiny business is built on maintaining a laser focus on what is absolutely essential to you. It's defined by your priorities and intentions, not by how many employees you have. As a young mother with a newborn child, what mattered to Rowe when starting Eco-Bags Products was having a flexible schedule, time for her family (one of her mantras was "Never miss a school play"), time for herself, and financial security and doing something that made the world a better place. Lacking an angel investor and starting from scratch, with limited capital or business experience, Rowe created a company that enabled her to achieve all those goals. Using the story of Eco-Bags Products as a case study, Rowe takes you step-by-step through the process of creating a successful tiny business. She shows how to test your concept, convey your values, prepare for upturns and downturns, manage your money, create alliances, and more, always staying true to the "tiny" ethos. You'll learn how to grow sustainably, practice patience, and be consistent and persistent with what you stand for. Featuring cartoons and illustrations by New Yorker cartoonist Julian Rowe, The Magic of Tiny Business is a breath of fresh air for business owners and entrepreneurs who want the freedom and autonomy of owning their own business without compromising their personal values"--
- 9781523094783 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 123-127)
View MARC record | catkey: 32553715