Managing Commodity Price Risk [electronic resource]: A Supply Chain Perspective, Second Edition
- Zsidsin, George
- New York : Business Expert Press March 2016
- 2nd ed.,Revised
- Additional Creators:
- Hartley, Janet, Kaufmann, Lutz, and Gaudenzi, Barbara
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Almost every organization is exposed to financial risk stemming from commodity price volatility. Risk exposure may be direct, from the prices paid for raw materials transformed into products sold to customers, or indirect, from higher energy, transportation costs, and supplier commodity purchases. Managing Commodity Price Risk: A Supply Chain Perspective provides a range of approaches organizations can implement and adapt for assessing, forecasting, and managing commodity price volatility and reducing financial risk exposure associated with purchased goods and services. Understanding and managing commodity price risk is important for organizations and supply chain professionals due to the significant direct financial effects price volatility has on profitability, organizational cash flow, the ability to competitively price products, new product design, buyer-supplier relationships, and the negotiation process.
1631570633 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Business Expert Press
View MARC record | catkey: 32553924