Maritime security cooperation in the Gulf of Guinea [electronic resource] : prospects and challenges / by Kamal-Deen Ali
- Kamal-Deen, Ali
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- pages cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A complex case of maritime insecurity -- Definition and socio-economic profile of the Gulf of Guinea -- The sea as the geostrategic essence of the Gulf of Guinea: a historical and contemporary overview -- Maritime security in the Gulf of Guinea -- Overview of maritime security challenges in the Gulf of Guinea -- A case study of piracy and armed robbery in the Gulf of Guinea -- Assessment of implementation of international legal framework and emerging legal complexities -- Prospects and challenges of regional cooperative initiatives -- International cooperation and the dynamics of maritime security in the Gulf of Guinea -- Enhancing maritime security in the Gulf of Guinea.
- 9789004301030 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Based on author's thesis (doctoral - University of Wollongong, Australia, 2014).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32554157