Motivation for learning and performance [electronic resource] / Bobby Hoffman
- Hoffman, Bobby
- Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 411 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- pt. I. The framework of human motivation. Underpinnings: five fundamental doctrines of motivational science -- Contentious issues: how evidence refutes motivational misconceptions -- The biopsychology of motivation: using evidence from neurology and endocrinology to understand motivational behavior -- Ch, ch, changes: the developmental trajectory of motivation -- A rose by any other name: the influence of culture on motivated behavior -- pt. II. The powerful role of individual differences and self-beliefs. You say to-may-toe, I say to-mah-toe: individual differences in motives guide focus and effort -- Mount Rushmore: bedrock theories of applied motivation -- Can I see the real me?: the powerful influence of self-beliefs on motivated behavior -- No place to hide: motivation and emotion -- pt. III. Mediation and implementation strategies to promote optimal learning and performance. Ready, aim, fire ... repeat?: self-regulation strategies to improve adaptive motivation -- Location, location, location: creating and implementing context-specific interventions -- The transformers: overcoming resistance to motivational change.
- 0128007796 (hardback) and 9780128007792 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32556149