Water Policy Science and Politics [electronic resource]: An Indian Perspective
- Kumar, M. Dinesh
- Oxford : Elsevier Science & Technology March 2018
- Physical Description:
- 300 p. 09.000 x 06.000 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation 'Water Policy Science and Politics' presents the importance of politics and science working together in policymaking in the water sector. Many countries around the developed and developing world, including India, are experiencing major water scarcity problems that will undoubtedly increase with the impacts of climate change. This title discusses specific topics in India's water, agriculture and energy sectors, focusing on scientific aspects, academic and political discourse, and policy issues. The author presents cases from the interrelated sectors of water resources, supplies, sanitation, and energy and climate, including controversial topics that illustrate how science and politics can work together.
0128149035 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Elsevier Science & Technology
View MARC record | catkey: 32570767