Globalization : myth, miracle, mirage / Rolf Hackmann
- Hackmann, Rolf
- Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 249 pages ; 26 cm
- Preface -- 1. The Background of Globalization -- 2. OECD-A Surrogate Global Economy -- 3. Foreign Direct Investment- A Fundamental Globalization Strategy -- 4. The Economic Dimensions of U.S. Outward FDI -- 5. FDI Impact on National Economies -- 6. FDI's Role in the U.S. Balance of Payments -- 7. Foreign Direct Investment and Foreign Trade -- 8. National BOP Flows of FDI- Related Income -- 9. FDI and Globalization -- 11. Evaluating Globalization -- Epilogue: Globalization in Conflict, The New American Century -- Appendices: Exhibits and Tables; Industrial Classification for U.S. FDI Benchmark Surveys -- Glossary -- Bibliography.
- "...study limits its focus to three major questions. First, what have the different national industries contributed to the globalization process, and how has this affected the rankings of national economies as both active and passive participants in it? Second, considering the trillions of dollars spent on foreign direct investments alone as a main driver of the economic integration of the world, how significant have their contributions been to the production of the world's output of products and services, commonly measure in terms of gross domestic product? Finally, the third question addresses the political implication for globalization's future stemming from America's recently developed neo-conservative doctrine of the new world order or the New American Century. Is the open declaration of U.S. superior economic and military strength indisputable legitimation for America's political supremacy over all nations of the world?"--Publ. web site.
- 0761830103 (paper : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 243-249).
View MARC record | catkey: 3275480