Call me madam [videorecording] / 20th Century Fox ; producer, Sol C. Siegel ; writer, Arthur Sheekman ; director, Walter Lang
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Irving Berlin's Call me madam
- [United States] : Distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (114 min) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Siegel, Sol C., 1903-1982, Sheekman, Arthur, 1901-1978, Lang, Walter, 1898-1972, Merman, Ethel, O'Connor, Donald, 1925-2003, Vera-Ellen, 1921-1981, Sanders, George, 1906-1972, De Wolfe, Billy, 1907-1974, Dantine, Helmut, Slezak, Walter, 1902-1983, Geray, Steven, 1904-1973, Stossel, Ludwig, Shamroy, Leon, 1901-1974, De Cuir, John, Wheeler, Lyle, 1905-1990, Simpson, Robert, 1910-1977, Berlin, Irving, 1888-1989, Sharaff, Irene, Crouse, Russel, 1893-1966, Lindsay, Howard, 1889-1968, Kreuger, Miles, Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Sally Adams has made it her business to know everyone worth knowing in Washington, D.C., and her penchant for parties pays off when she's appointed U.S. Ambassador to Lichtenburg. Once she is installed in her new position, shes falls in love with the suave Foreign Minister Cosmo Constantine, while Princess Maria has her head turned by Sally's press attaché, Kenneth.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Title from container.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1953.
Based on the play by Russel Crouse and Howard Lindsay.
Special features: commentary by musical film scholar Miles Kreuger; theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Leon Shamroy ; art directors, John de Cuir, Lyle R. Wheeler ; editor, Robert L. Simpson ; music, Irving Berlin ; costume designer, Irene Sharaff.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Ethel Merman, Donald O'Connor, Vera-Ellen, George Sanders, Billy DeWolfe, Helmut Dantine, Walter Slezak, Steven Geray, Ludwig Stössel.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, full screen presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, Dolby Digital 1.0 mono.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the John C. Farrell Libraries Endowment in Music; 20067.
- Endowment Note:
- John C. Farrell Libraries Endowment in Music
View MARC record | catkey: 3277206