An astronomical diary, or An almanack for the year of our Lord Christ, 1761 [microform] : ... Calculated for the meridian of Boston in New-England, lat. 42 degrees 25 min. north. / By Nathaniel Ames. ; [Eight lines of verse].
- Ames, Nathaniel, 1708-1764
- Boston : Printed by D. and J. Kneeland, for D. Henchman, J. Phillips, J. Edwards, & T. Leverett, in Cornhill; M. Dennis, near Scarlet's Wharfe; J. Winter, in Union-Street; S. Webb, in Ann-Street, J. Perkins, near the mill-bridge, and W. McAlpine, in Marlborough-Street, 1761 [i.e., 1760]. Price two shillings and 2d. per dozen, and 5 coppers single.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages ; 18 cm (8vo)
- At head of title: Ames 1761., The title page includes the phrase "In the 34th year of the reign of King George II." George II died Oct. 25, 1760; hence the imprint date is almost certainly incorrect. Two successive issues of Draper's edition were printed, with the title-page phrase altered in the second to conform with the royal succession. The present almanac seems to be a pirated edition of the first Draper issue, brought out immediately after it., The title vignette is a crude imitation of that in the edition printed by J. Draper., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 8530).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 3128 and Evans, C. American bibliography, 8530
View MARC record | catkey: 3277708